Lucy has 20+ years of experience in the spa industry as a therapist, a business owner of a corporate well-being company, product sales and more recently as a Group Spa Director overseeing eight sites in Europe.
This experience has given her insights into global spa culture, products and services. Lucy has an in-depth understanding of the requirements of the day to day running of a spa and has seen, first hand, the consumer and business impact on the environment.
Environmental issues have always been close to her heart leading her to study Concepts in Sustainable Development. With this she has brought her passion for sustainability and knowledge of spa together to form The Sustainable Spa Association.
She is a firm believer in human health and the health of the planet going hand-in-hand and one not being able to exist without the other. She believes the future success of the spa industry relies on sustainable business practices and is dedicating her career to building a framework of sustainability and education to the global spa industry.
Rob is Managing Director of Scrummi, which he founded in 2009. Scrummi provide sustainable, eco-friendly, biodegradable single use textile solutions to the hair salon and spa industries. Scrummi products are used throughout the spa industry by leading organisations to reduce their carbon footprint by up to 90%.
Robert is interested in the application of practical and profitable sustainable solutions within operational businesses.
SSA BOARD MEMBERS
SSA BOARD MEMBER APPLICATION
- Part of a business with leading sustainability research and practices – able to bring/share this expertise to our work for the spa community
- A professional skill, expertise or network that can support or benefit the SSA internal business processes (marketing, business strategy, network)
- A professional skill or expertise in Sustainable business practices that can contribute to the output from SSA to spa community
- Proven business integrity and reputation either in spa or sustainability
- Dynamic attitude, passion and belief in values of a not-for-profit with a specific interest in spa